Mindfulness in Recovery®
Given our current situation with the outbreak of COVID-19 and the increased demand for MIR trainings, we are now offering the MIR Integration training online. This is a 14-hour training offered over a two-week period with direct supervision and interaction with our co-founder, John Bruna.
Mindfulness in Recovery® (MIR) is a skills-based, accessible and comprehensive mindfulness program designed specifically for recovery. It supports all recovery pathways using an individualized, mindfulness curriculum that empowers your clients to integrate MIR with their personal values, cultural background, and spiritual beliefs. Using the language of recovery in the curriculum to build connections to recovery communities and literature, the MIR skills can be integrated seamlessly with your other evidenced-based treatment modalities (CBT, MI, DBT, 12 Step) providing clients with the skills to put the therapeutic tools you are offering them into practice.
Many mindfulness programs focus on learning mindfulness techniques and exercises that can offer clients tools to become more present, reducing stress and reactivity, and increase their ability to make healthier life choices. However, all too often, even with the best programs and trained professionals, these tools are not integrated into an ongoing lifestyle that will support the ongoing practice required to develop long-term traits that support their recovery. They become a set of tools that fall by the wayside, only to be picked up in times of duress, if at all.
MIR focuses on developing mindfulness skills that can be incorporated into daily life that practical, universal, and based on the recovery lifestyle. In this way, clients develop a way of living mindfully, with skills that support their recovery, based on their personal values and belief system.
*This training fulfills the prerequisite for entry into the Mindfulness in Recovery® Facilitator Certification Program
The MIR Integration Training outcomes:
- Practical and effective strategies to integrate the Mindfulness in Recovery® methods and practices into the therapeutic process for the treatment of addiction, co-occurring disorders, and family support strategies
- Identify evidenced-based therapeutic modalities that link effectively to an
integrated, individualized mindfulness program for clients
- Knowledge of the diverse perspectives and definitions of mindfulness
- Clarify the difference between mindfulness meditation and the practice of
- Understand the role of meditation in the practice of mindfulness
- Certificate of 14 hours of professional development training in MIR. We are a NAADAC approved education provider.
- Training fulfills a prerequisite for entry into Mindfulness in Recovery® facilitator certification program
- Membership in the MIR Clinical Community
- The Essential Guidebook to Mindfulness in Recovery®
- Enrollment in a 28-day online meditation training course
- One month of Mindfulness in Recovery® Community membership
- Discount on MIR materials
- The training is delivered via online videos and assignments that participants can access any time of day using the Canvas online classroom platform.
- This is a 14-hour training offered over a two-week period with direct supervision and interaction with our co-founder, John Bruna.
- There is not a specific class time. There is a daily lesson and assignment that can be completed each day at a time that is convenient for you from wherever you are. John Bruna reviews each assignment and provides feedback.
More Information: For specific questions about the training, contact us at email@example.com.