Our community is growing and members have requested to start meetings. We are happy to let you know that we have already approved the meetings listed below. If you would like to start one, please contact us.
Carbondale, Colorado: Tuesdays at 6:00 pm. Way of Compassion Dharma Center, Third Street Center, Suite 36, Carbondale, CO. Contact: [email protected]
Corvallis, Oregon: Sundays at 1030 am – University of Oregon, 11th and Jefferson in Dixon Lodge. Contact: Dan at [email protected]
Oceanside, California: Wednesdays at 6:30 pm – Oside Wellness, 208 Via El Centro Oceanside, CA 92056. Contact: Taro at [email protected]
Mindfulness in Recovery® Guiding Principles
1. Mindfulness in Recovery® is an inclusive recovery support group, open to anyone with a desire for recovery.
2. We welcome everyone and support all paths of recovery and spiritual traditions. We do not promote any particular faith or belief system. It is our firm conviction that everyone, regardless of race, religion, gender, or orientation, deserves to live a meaningful and happy life in recovery.
3. We do not define recovery but suggest that it is found in the ability to live mindfully, making healthy choices that support one’s deepest values and a life they find truly meaningful.
4. Our goal is to provide mindfulness tools, activities, and support to enhance our members’ current recovery program. To do this, we focus on the seven skills of living mindfully found in the Mindfulness in Recovery literature.
5. Our groups are peer-led. We are not a treatment program or a substitute for therapy.
6. There are no dues or fees to attend meetings. Each group is self-supporting, relying on the generosity of the members. Group facilitators and leaders are not paid. Donations cover rent and materials.
7. The foundation of our recovery is a safe and supportive community. We ask that members treat each other with integrity, acceptance, and compassion.